Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Of intellectualism in Malaysia and Sabah

Published on: Sunday, May 03, 2009

Of intellectualism in Malaysia and Sabah  By: Nilakrishna James  Sometimes I would go to the ends of the earth to find a very interesting conversation. At other times it would surprise me that the best dialogues I've ever engaged in occurred in my own hometown. I am ready to admit that part of the reason I came back to serve in Sabah was because my own grandfather (Sedomon) had felt very strongly that we were not ready to form Malaysia if natives had not reached that level of educational excellence to engage competitively in the political realities of this country. Educated, intellectual Sabahans were therefore seen as a necessity to Sabah's own autonomous growth. It is for this reason that my fate has allowed me to walk into the lives of many illustrious people in Sabah who continue to do this country proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment